About Mark Doyle and Resolute Asset Management Inc.
Over an investment career spanning nearly 30 years, Mark Doyle has advised hundreds of large and sophisticated Canadian corporate and government pension funds on investment strategy while working at some of the world’s leading firms in the field. Mark has gained extensive knowledge and experience in investment theory and practical application, including portfolio design, asset mix, risk management and client advisory.
Mark learned what it takes to build successful investment portfolios that can consistently achieve objectives. He has extensive experience with Canadian and US government bonds, corporate bonds, high yield, Canadian and US equity, international and emerging markets, currency, real estate, and alternative investments.
Mark has worked at three global investment management firms as an institutional client advisor:
- J.P. Morgan Asset Management (Canada)
- Barclays Global Investors Canada (Blackrock), and
- TD Asset Management (Canada)
Mark’s experience is complemented by considerable academic achievement in the fields of economics, business, finance, financial analysis, regulatory compliance, and retirement planning.
- BA (Economics)–The University of Western Ontario 1983
- MBA (Finance)–The University of Toronto 1992
- Chartered Financial Analyst–The CFA Institute 1996
- Diploma in Financial Planning – The Canadian Institute of Financial Planning 2015
- FPSC Level 1TM Certification in Financial Planning – Financial Planning Standards Council 2016
- Chief Compliance Officers Qualifying Examination – Canadian Securities Institute 2017
Registrations & Memberships
- Ontario Securities Commission – Portfolio Manager; Exempt Market Dealer
- CFA Institute – Chartered Financial Analyst
- Financial Planning Standards Council
- Toronto Society of Financial Analysts
- Canadian Securities Institute
Founder of Resolute Asset Management Inc.
Mark founded RAM in 2017 so that he could utilize his experience and passion for investing to help people achieve their investment goals. RAM is a Toronto-based asset management corporation, registered with the Ontario Securities Commission as a Portfolio Manager and Exempt Market Dealer. RAM provides professional portfolio management services for Ontario-based individuals and families.
Mark was born in Halifax, Nova Scotia and spent his formative years near Gananoque, Ontario. He lives in Toronto with his wife Kelly and their two children Cameron and Maya, as well as Patches the hamster. The family enjoys sailing, skiing, cycling, tennis and traveling.